MAY 7, 2022 MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS
The City of Rhome City Council election is held on the first Saturday of May of each year. The next City Council election will be Saturday, May 7, 2022.
Notice of Election
Early Voting and Election Day Voting Days/Times/Location
The City Council of the City of Rhome consists of the mayor and five (5) council members who shall be elected for two-year terms. All Places, including the mayor, are elected at-large.
THE FOLLOWING PLACES WILL BE UP FOR ELECTION ON MAY 7, 2022:
THE FOLLOWING CANDIDATES HAVE APPLIED FOR A PLACE ON THE BALLOT FOR MAY 7, 2022 (BALLOT ORDER):
SAM EASON (INCUMBENT)
MAY 7, 2022 GENERAL ELECTION
JoshTexas Election Code Section 141.040 requires that the City post a Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot.
Wednesday, January 19, 2022: The first day to file an application for a place on the ballot or a declaration of write-in candidacy.
- Application and Instructions for a Place on City Ballot - To place name on the general election ballot for cities, schools and other political subdivisions.
Friday, February 18, 2022: The last day for a candidate to file an application for a place on the ballot for May 7, 2022 General Election. This date is also the deadline to order this general election.
Tuesday, February 22, 2022: Last Day to File a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy (Local Political Subdivisions Only).
Thursday, April 7, 2022: Last Day to Register to Vote.
Monday, April 25, 2022: First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance.
Tuesday, May 3, 2022: Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance.
CANDIDATE APPLICATION PACKET MAY 2022
HB 305 – Internet Posting Requirements for Political Subdivisions
On September 1, 2019, House Bill 305 became effective. This bill requires that a political subdivision with the authority to impose a tax, that maintained a publicly accessible Internet website at any time on or after January 1, 2019, be required to post on its website the following information:
- The political subdivision’s contact information, including a mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- Each elected officer of the political subdivision;
- The date and location of the next election for officers of the political subdivision;
- The requirements and deadline for filing for candidacy of each elected office of the political subdivision which shall be continuously posted or at least one year before the election day for the office;
Pursuant to HB305, you can find that information in the here.