Rhome Municipal Court
The mission of the Municipal Court is to ensure compliance with all
||Do not pay your citation until you have submitted your plea in writing to the court UNLESS you want to enter a plea of Guilty, waive a trial by jury or by judge, and accept a conviction of the violation.
OPTIONS TO PAY A CITATION:
1. Debit/Credit Card: By phone, in person, or online - a 5% service fee will be applied to ALL card transactions by the card processing company. Online Portal: https://www.govrec.com/main-page
** If you are using a cell phone to pay your citation, please read the requirements. You must "Accept the cookies" and "use the web version".
2. Money Order or Cashier's Checks - make payable to "City of Rhome" (be sure to sign the M.O./C.C.. Print your name and citation number on the lower left MEMO section of the payment)
3. Cash in person - exact amount required. Court cannot give change.
** NO PERSONAL CHECKS OR COMPANY CHECKS **
** There is a 24-hour payment/document drop box on the front door of Rhome City Hall, 501 North Main St., Rhome, Texas 76078
** NOTE: A $15.00 "Time Payment Fee" may be added to the original assessed amount if you fail to pay in full by deadline per the judgment order.
** You can contact the court to verify your citation amount....
*** Please be aware if you fail to appear either in person or by mail, as provided by law, a warrant may be issued for your arrest and a hold may be placed on your driver license preventing you from renewing your license and/or registration of your vehicle until the citation has been resolved in full.
You are entitled to request a trial by jury (Jury Trial) or you can waive a jury and request a trial by judge (Bench Trial).
You have the right to represent yourself (Pro Se) or you have the right to hire an attorney to appear on your behalf.
You will be put on a court docket and will receive (by regular USPS mail) the formal setting notice with the virtual hearing instructions via ZOOM Meeting
(all dockets are being held virtually until further notice).
2. PLEA OF GUILTY - means that you admit the violation was prohibited by law, that you committed the violation charged against you, and that you have no defense or excuse for your unlawful act.
*** Please contact the court to see if you qualify for options such as Deferred Disposition (probation) or Texas Driver Safety Course.
- Out of state license holders do not have the option to take a Texas Driver Safety Course for ticket dismissal.
- Class A & B Commercial license holders ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for Deferred Disposition (probation) or DSC for moving violations, per the State DPS statute.
- If you received a citation for Expired Registration, you must tell the DMV when you go to renew your registration that you did receive a citation for expired registration. They are required to charge you a "Late Registration Fee". If you do not pay the "late" fee to the DMV, the court cannot dismiss your violation as "Compliance Dismissal".
*** If you choose to Plea Guilty or No Contest, waive a trial by jury, and accept the conviction of the violation, but are unable to pay the fine in full by deadline, you can submit a written request for a payment plan or you can request an "Indigency Hearing" if you feel you are truly qualified as Indigent Status (it is your responsibility to research to see if you qualify for "indigent status"). A payment plan hearing OR an Indigency hearing will be scheduled in which you are required to appear to discuss possible alternate methods of payments such as community service and/or payment plans. The judge will discuss with you your financial situation to decide how best to accommodate your ability to pay.
*** MINORS (JUVENILES - 16 yrs of age and younger) - MUST APPEAR IN COURT WITH THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN
*** The Court complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you require special services (sign interpretative services, alternative audio/visual devices, amanuenses) or if you do not speak or understand English and need an interpreter, please request this 72 hours before your court date. To make arrangements, call 817-636-2333, or TDD 1-800-RELAY,TX (1-800-735-2989).