close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.


water faucetQ. What is the deposit requirement for a residential unit?
A. Deposit for new customers is $150

Q. How do I close my service account?
A. Call City Hall at least the day before you want service disconnected. You
will be asked to supply your forwarding address and the date of disconnection. Even though you have vacated or sold the property, you are responsible for all charges through the final date. If you do not request a final disconnection, the service will remain in your name and you will be responsible for all charges incurred until the disconnection request is made or the account is closed.

Q. When is my bill considered past due?
A. Payment is due on the 15th day of each month. Penalties are applied on the 16th.
If the 15th falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then the 16th will be a grace day and penalties
will be applied the following business day.

Q. Does City Hall have a drop box?
A. You may drop off your payment in the mail slot at 501 South Main.  Cash is not accepted through the drop box.

Q. If my service has been disconnected for nonpayment, how do I get service restored?
A. If your service is disconnected, the total past due amount plus the reconnect fee of
$50 will be due before services are reconnected.

Q. If I have a check returned due to insufficient funds, what should I do?
A. If a check is returned due to insufficient funds, the check must be replaced with
cash or money order. Also, the amount must include a $35 return check fee.
This must be completed within 24 hours after the customer being contacted
by our office.