The Code Enforcement Division is responsible for addressing nuisance and property standard violations to ensure a safe and healthy environment for the community. These violations include high weeds and grass, trash and debris, and illegal dumping. The main goal of this enforcement is to gain compliance protect property values and to maintain positive appearance and promote community pride.
Code enforcement officers:
- Conduct surveys
- Investigate complaints concerning:
- Accumulation of trash and debris
- Dangerous buildings
- Excessively high grass and weeds
- Illegal dumping
- Non-operational vehicles
- Substandard structures
- Various other general nuisance-related violations
- Prepare detailed reports and correspondence related to code enforcement inspections, violations, and other activities
- Prepare required documentation for legal actions
- Take photographs of and gather all pertinent facts associated with possible code violations
Often the best way to solve a problem is to become a part of the solution. You can help make Rhome a cleaner, safer community by keeping your property clean and in compliance with city ordinances. Most people want to comply with the laws of the community where they live, but some are not aware of city ordinances. Sometimes people violate city codes because they do not realize that what they are doing is unacceptable.
Reporting code violations is important to the overall quality of life in our community and helps our city code enforcement officer do a better job. To report a code violation, call 817-636-0908 or email email@example.com. To expedite service and response, make sure that you have specific address before calling or messaging, as well as any additional information that will help get the problem resolved.