Court Dockets are held at Rhome Community Center 
261 North School Road, please click here for a map.


If you were issued a citation, you must make an appearance to enter your plea in person or by mail within 20 calendar days of the date of the violation.  A written plea is required.


Please consider each plea before making a decision.

If you do not have the original citation, click here for a PLEA FORM.  Otherwise please mail original citation with your plea option clearly marked, along with your correct mailing address, to PO Box 228, Rhome, TX 76078.

Under our American system of justice, 
all persons are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty.

PLEA OF NOT GUILTY - means that you deny guilt or that you have a defense in your case. You may hire an attorney or you many represent yourself. You are entitled to a jury trial. If you waive a trial by jury, the judge will hear your case. 

PLEA OF GUILTY - means that you admit the act is prohibited by law, that you committed the act charged, and that you have no defense or excuse for your act.

PLEA OF NO CONTEST - means that you do not contest the State's charge against you. A plea of nolo contendere cannot be used against you in a civil suit.

Please be aware if you fail to appear either in person or via mail as provided by law, a warrant may be issued, and you may not be permitted to renew your driver license or register your vehicle in this state.

If you choose to Plea Guilty or No Contest, but are unable to pay the fine in full, by deadline, you may submit an Indigency Packet to the Court and provide supporting financial documents for the Judge to review to make an accurate consideration regarding your financial status and ability to  pay.  An Indigency hearing will be scheduled, in which you are required to appear in person to discuss possible alternate methods of payments such as community service and/or payment plans.

YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR DEFERRED DISPOSITION (PROBATION) OR DRIVING SAFETY COURSE if you hold a Commercial Driver License or if the offense occurred in a construction zone with workers present or in school zone, please contact the Court if you have questions.

Your request for deferred disposition must be received by the court before your appearance date. If your request is granted by the judge, you will be notified by mail and you must comply with the terms ordered and pay the amount assessed by the Court.  If you are under the age of 25 and have been granted Deferred Disposition, you must complete a Texas Driving Safety Course.

Must possess a valid Texas Driver License.  
If you are charged with a moving violation, you may request, before your appearance date to take a driving safety course. At the time of request, you must present proof of current liability insurance, copy of Texas Driver License, and pay court costs and administrative fees ($109.10 or $134.10 for school zone offense).

Imposition of judgment will be deferred to allow you to complete a driving safety course that has been approved by the TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY. You MUST present to the Court, NOT LATER THAN THE 90TH DAY FROM THE DATE OF YOUR PLEA, your type 3A certified driving record from the TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY as well as your original (signed) COURSE COMPLETION CERTIFICATE.  Failure to comply by deadline may result in a judgment of guilt, additional state fees and court costs being assessed, and your violation may appear on your driving record as a conviction.

PLEASE NOTE: You are eligible to request driving safety course if you:
  • have a valid Texas Drivers License,
  • current auto insurance in your name,
  • have not taken a course in the past 12 months from the violation date, and must submit a NOTARIZED statement stating such. 
  • DO NOT hold a commercial driver license,
  • have not committed one of the following offenses:
(a) failure to give information at accident scene;
(b) leave scene of accident;
(c) passing school bus;
(d) a serious traffic violation;
(e) in construction zone with workers present;
(f) speeding 25 mph or over the posted speed limit.



If you plea NOT GUILTY, you will be notified by mail of your court date for a Plea Hearing.

You must appear in person at the Plea Hearing, unless you hire an attorney to appear on your behalf.

All Court Hearings are held at the Rhome Community Center 261 North School Road, please click here for a map.  You are required to appear 15 minutes prior to your Court setting for check-in.

If you need a continuance regarding your Court setting you must submit the request in writing to the Court no later than 72 hours prior to your setting date and time.

The judge will make a decision whether or not to grant the continuance.  You will be notified in writing of the Judge's decision.  If the continuance is granted, a new setting date and time will be mailed to you at the mailing address on file with the Court.


Municipal court has jurisdiction over minors (age 17 or younger) charged with Class C misdemeanor offenses, Public Intoxication (age 17-20), Possess/Consume Alcohol (under age 21), and Possession of Tobacco (under age 18).

ALL MINORS MUST APPEAR IN OPEN COURT WITH THEIR PARENT for all court proceedings in their case. Minors who fail to appear or who fail to pay their fine will be reported to the Department of Public Safety who will suspend their driver's license. Minors who do not have a driver's license will not be able to obtain one until their case is resolved. 

WARNING: A child and parent required to appear before the court have an obligation to provide the court the current address and residence of the child.


In addition to a fine, court costs mandated by state and local law will be charged.
  • Speeding - $210.00 for 10 mph over posted speed and $6.00 for each additional mile over. This information is for estimates only, contact the Court for the exact fine amount.
  • No Insurance - $416.00
  • Expired Registration - $205.00
  • Fail to Display DL - $205.00
  • No Driver License - $300.00
  • Fail to Yield Row EMERG Veh - $297.00
  • No Seatbelt - Driver - $149.10
  • No Seatbelt - Passenger - $124.10
  • Unrestrained Child - $396.00
  • Ran Stop Sign - $297.00
  • Open Container - $266.00
  • Poss of Drug Paraph - $266.00
  • Expired D.L., Expired Vehicle Registration, or Inspection may be dismissed by the court IF PROOF OF RENEWAL is presented WITHIN 20 CALENDAR DAYS OF VIOLATION with a $20.00 administration fee.

If your violation is not listed above, please contact Court Clerk Kristi Adams for your fine amount at 817-636-2333.

The Court has a 24-hour payment drop box located in the front door of City Hall, 501 North Main St. or mail to PO Box 228 Rhome, Texas  76078.

You may pay online with credit/debit card, or by cash, cashier check, or money order made payable to "The City of Rhome."  You must include your name and citation number with your payment.

NOTE:  A $25 late fee will be added to the fine amount if not paid in full within 30 days from date of violation.

The Court complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you require special services (sign interpretative services, alternative audio/visual devices, amanuenses) or if you do not speak or understand English and need
an interpreter, please request this 72 hours before your court date. To make arrangements, call 817-636-2333, or 
TDD 1-800-RELAY,TX (1-800-735-2989).

Carrying a concealed weapon on City premises is illegal.
Rhome Municipal Court

Honorable Judge Jim Minter
Kristi Adams, Court Clerk
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
Welcome to the City of Rhome
City of Rhome | 501 S Main St | PO Box 228 | Rhome, TX 76078
Phone: (817) 636-2462 | Fax: (817) 636-2465 | Metro: (817) 638-2758 |